Thursday, September 3, 2009

Its the most wonderful time of the year....

It is the most wonderful time of the year. Yes I have decided that Labor Day weekend beats Christmas because this weekend kicks off Football season. Finally after months of nothing to read but a few articles about spring practice we hit July and let the debates begin! And now FINALLY after 8 long months, we get to see the start of a new season and what controversies it may bring. I’m not as eloquent in my writing but for once the Daily Texan hits it right on…please read:
1.1864614 http://www.dailytexanonline.com/sports/ncaa-football-boise-state-oregon-highlight-beginning-of-the-best-season-of-the-year-1.1864614

Dear Football Gods,
Ah excitement I can feel it in the air, the glorious 3 day weekend arrives with 3 days of football. Thank you! This year I have just a few simple requests from you.

May the Horns and Tigers remain healthy and strong as some have already suffered enough injuries during practice.
May the Tigers not give my sister a heart attack each week and win their games.
May the Tigers take down Florida and Tebow because I’m beginning to get as sick of that name as I am of the USC dynasty. (Which I don’t get how you have a dynasty and when you go to the Natl Championship 2 years in a row and win once but whatever and just play the Rose Bowl each year).
Plus a Natl Champ game between the Tigers and Horns Round 2 would be so fun!!
May the Sooners continue to choke in all important games.
May everyone remember that it is September 3, 2009 and OU still sucks!
May everyone eat tons of pink dip and have some for me too!!
Please allow Colt an amazing year and a Heisman Trophy.
Please allow the Aggies to have a better season than last year, let them win their first home game and beat the Bears.
Please let Leach have some big hissie fits to entertain me in Spain.
May all the Longhorns – Come Early, Be Loud, and Stay Late!
May I find a bar or bares to watch some football games this year.
May Moms enjoy every second of football watching of the weekend ;)
May I return to the states in order to see the Horns once again in Pasadena!
Hook Em!!

2 comments:

  1. Jacque - heard the score:
    OU 13
    BYU 14!!!
    BYU held their own even before Bradford got hurt.

    Have a great time in Scotland.

    ReplyDelete