Monday, September 14, 2009

Scotland....London Baby!

Well Kristen and I just got back from the UK. Good news, we only managed to freeze for a day before finding proper clothing attire. The rain jacket I bought has turned out to be a good purchase for BCN this week as it is raining. I officially got dressed today without sweating!!! Okay…back to Scotland. We started in Edinburgh and joined a tour group for 5 days. Edinburgh was pretty cool; it is broken down into two sections – old and new. The architecture between the two is very different so it is easy to tell the difference. We shopped some in new town looking for a shoe I could actually walk in, let’s just say my limping had Kristen annoyed in about 20 minutes. But we were successful, had a hamburger and then headed back for the city tour. On Sunday we spent most of our day in old town; we walked up a hill to get to Edinburgh Castle, toured it until we were icicles and then came on down the street. We had lunch in a pub and started the many many plates of fish and chips (which comes with mushy peas – so gross even Kristen doesn’t eat em). We also had a traditional Scottish dinner and I am proud to say both Kristen and I tried Haggis (won’t describe because you may not ever try it yourself but look at the pic) and it was good. It tasted like spicy taco meat (sigh how I miss tacos). Fom there we got to here a piper, I have a video but have yet to be successful in uploading so it will wait to Dec. Here is what I have to say about pipers – I enjoy them a lot more when it is not right outside my window at the crack of dawn (family shall remember the pink house). From Edinburgh we moved on to the Highlands, basically country mountain/hills. Rather than looking for deer we looked for sheep and low and behold found tons of em. We waited for them to cross the street enough said. We ended this part of the trip in Glasglow and had a very fun night (discussed in another blog).
LONDON BABY!!
By London we were very tired of pub food so we hunted other types of food and found Chinese (yay) and steak. Now the steak not as great as a Texas steak but quite satisfying compared to the bistec in Spain J We saw Oxford, the campuses are beautiful and then did some sightseeing in London – Westminster Abby, Big Ben, Parliament, Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus and saw Chicago. All in all it was a fun trip with my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment