Sunday, November 8, 2009

My thoughts on this years football season....

#1 I MISS FOOTBALL. Reading about it online just really isn’t the same.
#2 Who would have guessed the AGs would go up to Lubbock and BTHO (to use the Ags catchphrase) Tech. Congrats AGGIES!
#3 Who would have guessed that going into Nov 14th, the Ags and Sooners would be playing for Bowl Eligibility????? And on that note I have something to say.

First, I truly feel bad for Sam Bradford, and all Longhorns should, because it just as easily could have been Colt. However, while I have not made any large comical remarks about OU’s demise this year, I will say this. All Texas and Tech fans should be cheering on the Aggie’s this weekend. Then all Longhorns and Aggies should be cheering on Tech when they play OU. There is a grand chance the State of Texas (as meaning all teams with the name Texas included with their school, sorry Baylor can’t count you) could have a trifecta win against OU. Now how awesome would that be? We fans should put aside our differences of opinions on who is best and cheer for each other for the wonderful feeling of all 3 teams beating OU. How much fun would that be?? This would also help conclude something I’ve said for years, Bob Stoops isn’t as great of a coach as everyone thinks. Plus then we wouldn’t have to deal with Sooners in Dallas for Jerry Bowl #2. :)

#4 Horns fans stay focused on each game each week. While there is a faint smell of roses in the air, we still have to go to College Station and win. The AGs could end up with a great season beating Tech and Texas in the same year. We must do as Mack says and focus only on the game at hand. So today and this week, I’m focus on beating Baylor.
#5 I’m very sad Baylor’s QB was hurt this year. I was looking forward to seeing if the Bears could become Bowl Eligible. Next year baby!
#6 It is nice reading the following passage from Andy Staples on SI.com.

Northern Exposure
So I tried to go over all the scenarios to figure out how Colorado could win Big 12 North, but the sheer schizophrenia of the teams made my head hurt. Let's just stick to the basics. If Kansas State beats Missouri next week and Nebraska wins at Kansas, it will set up a Nov. 21 clash in Lincoln for the division title.

The winner will earn the right to go to Jerry World (aka Dallas Cowboys Stadium) two weeks later and lose to Texas by five touchdowns.

#7 I heart Jordan Shipley
#8 To my sister I say, I’m very sorry about the losses and pending Texas gets the chance to play Florida or Alabama for the National Championship, I hope you will be able to cheer for us while we take them down.
#9 I still think Greg Davis is a moron
#10 It is nice to see USC finally taken off its pedal stool. Whether or not I believe that the Pac-10 is just “that tough” will be held until I see what the Pac-10 does against other conferences during the bowl games.

HOOK EM HORNS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Jacque, when you and Kristen were in Florence, did you find all 3 of Michealangelo's Davids?? Many, many, many, many years ago, when your Mom, Nanee and I were in Europe our 1st time, Dana and I found all of them! It was very cool.

    Your family's ready to head east and see you this weekend - have a great time!
    Love,
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete