Thursday, August 6, 2009

Buenvidos a Madrd.....

Well I made it. I actually had my bags packed early on Wednesday and apparently managed to take off 20 minutes before yet another wonderful Texas storm blew into town. Business Class flying is definetly worth it, you sleep more however you still end up jet lagged. The worst thing about jet lag this time round is since I'm traveling alone right now there is no partner to help keep ya going. So I started out on a walking tour of Madrid, made it to lunch at about 1/4 of the way on the tour and crashed. So more on the tour with picutres tomorrow once I actually complete it. Now it is time for Happy Hour (buy 1 get 1 free!) and then to find some dinner before I really crash.

3 comments:

  1. I used to be a flight attendant...the jet lag is such a drag, and you never get used to it. But once you've slept it off, traveling by yourself is seriously the best thing ever. You don't have to debate over what you to see first or what kind of food you should have or argue over directions. You get to experience a whole new place solely, without having to filter it through someone else's perspective. It's amazing. I miss it. :) Live it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacque - so happy to hear you arrived safely and are already enjoying the sights and sounds of Madrid! Megan finished High School yesterday and is so excited! We'll keep you posted on her next adventures...!!!
    Love, Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad happy hour is a priority :)

    ReplyDelete