Monday, August 10, 2009

First few days in Barcelona

Well the last 2.5 days have been intersting. Saturday was a travel day to Barcelona and then I set out of the beach. Hello Mediterranean Sea. It was pretty much just like every other sea I've seen however the sun time was nice as my tan had started to fade.....



Sunday I met my host family. Her name is Rosa Maria Pastor and she actually ends up housing quite a few students. Right now there are 3 of us but room for more. I was a little concerned at first because the first student I met from Germany has no relationship with her, he barely said hi to her when he got up. I tried to make conversation and got one word answers. So I was beginning to think this was just going to be a cold dorm room. However at dinner the other student, Bristol (guy) showed up and he was nothing like the German kid (made such an impression I can't remember his name). Bristol and Rosa had quite a conversation, I joined in as I understood a few words and hey she gave me directions to the school. Anyway, Bristol asked me if I wanted to go see the fountain in front of the Royal Palace. It does a show on Thursday, Friday and Sunday evenings- gorgeous. I am puting a video and few pics below of it. Let me just say for the bank geek in me the choreography of the water with lights to the music was amazing....way better than the Bellagio in Vegas. (Okay I don't think the video posted, if ya want to see if try facebook I might get it uploaded there).












Anyway Bristol will be in town for two more weeks and is excited I'm open to adventure out and see things. Apparently German boy is just boring plus probably early 20s doubt we have the same goals in being here. I started classes today which went well, a lot of vocabulary is coming back, I'm just very impatient right now to finally understand everyone. Oh well 4 weeks to go and I should be in a better place. I was asked today about the difference between Spanglish and TexMex......I just said it is wierd. I have no earthly idea how to explain that language very well. I was also told that my Texas accent is very strong - ha! I hope it's not gone by the time I get home..... love, Jacque

PS I know I owe more on Madrid......to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Jacque, not sure if I'm doing this correctly as each time I try to post a comment, it asks me to set up a new profile. So...we'll try it again!

    But, all's well here. Megan's officially finished with high school and is pretty excited! Nothing much else going on here - we're cat sitting for Kristen and plan to have Gidget completely spoiled when Kristen's back from Corpus!!

    Be safe and enjoy!
    Love,
    Mitzi

    ReplyDelete